At Solarize Southeast PA, we mostly partner with residential solar installers.
Regardless of who a homeowner works with, their first point of contact should be the Solarize Southeast PA team of Meenal & Marion — to assess their property for solar, to talk about electrifying everything, and to definitely get an energy assessment to reduce energy usage (and ongoing costs!). Contact them at email@example.com.
You may also find our Glossary page of interest, for terms that may be new to you.
We also get asked about other contractors needed to help reduce energy usage (via energy assessments, or weatherization), or to help electrify energy usage (heating & cooling contractors, plumbers), or just to make solar happen for a household (roofing companies). We also get asked about financing these projects. So, check out the list below.
If you end up contacting any company on this list, please tell them you heard of them via Solarize Southeast PA. It sure helps us to know how effective we’ve been! Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your correspondence.
If your favorite company isn’t listed here, tell us why you love them, and we’ll be sure to include them. Our criteria is that the company is locally owned and we have a few good references for them. We can offer references for any of the companies mentioned here.
Also, if you’re looking at a proposal to transition away from fossil fuels, we’d be glad to review at no charge — whether for heating and cooling, water heating, electric car, roof or rooftop solar. We want to help our neighbors transition to clean energy, fast!
Residential Solar installers
- Belmont Solar — based in Lancaster County, available for Chester County jobs
- Colgan Solar — based in Chester County, available for Chester County jobs
- Exact Solar — Based in Bucks County, Exact Solar has helped thousands of your neighbors in the Greater Philadelphia area go solar over the past 15 years. Known as subject-matter experts not only on all types of solar energy systems, but also more broadly on battery and other clean energy technologies and policies, we stay on top of the latest trends and technology advancements so our customers can be sure they’re getting the right system for their home or business, using top quality components, and installed by our own, skilled and caring employee installers. We provide complete turn-key installations and take care of everything from engineering to permitting to post-installation inspections and final state incentive paperwork. Our customers reduce or even eliminate their electric bills, insulate themselves from rising utility rates, and start saving money right away. Come join our Exact Solar family. Power your Property, Free your Wallet, and Save the Planet!
- Solar States — Solar States is a solar installation company based in North Philadelphia, with a dual mission of education and equitable clean energy transition. Solar States runs several vocational training programs, has been the certified installer for Solarize Philly for 4 years, and has installed nearly 1,000 residential and commercial solar projects in the Philadelphia-area.
- Sumintra — Sumintra is a small business that focuses on customer service and the quality of the solar installation. Our solar system designer is available on the phone for you to talk to and is also present on site working on the installation when it begins. We do regular roof mounts, ground mounts and solar carports and have designed and installed battery backup systems.
- Accurate Roofing — 609.847.1914
- Built2Last Contracting — based in Bucks
- CD Kaller — based in Montgomery
- Russell Roofing — based in Montgomery
- PECO home energy assessments — For less than $50, PECO will send someone to do a complete home energy assessment. They will point out drafts, a broken window pane, thermostat settings, and more. They’ll even replace needed light bulbs with LED bulbs, which is well worth the nominal fee. Do this today, if you haven’t recently.
Weatherization contractors seal drafts and insulate buildings. Getting this done will ensure that you waste less energy and increase a room’s comfort, in winter and in summer. Do this before you think about rooftop solar!
- CADCOM | Offering free energy audit and home weatherization to Montgomery County residents whose income for the past 12 months does not exceed guidelines. More here.
- Quality Home Insulators | John Mowry | 610.565.5132 | qualityhomeinsulators.com
- Reilly Insulation | based in Willow Grove PA | Martin Flannery | 215-659-9000 | email@example.com | reillyinsulation.com | serving Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia
- SPS Insulation | insulation contractor based in Upper Darby specializing in energy efficient and cost-reducing insulation methods for both residential and commercial communities. | spsinsulation.com
- TR Insulation Systems | based in Fort Washington PA | Tom Reilly | 267-228-7912, 215 646-4433
Heating & Cooling contractors
When looking to replace your heating or cooling systems with an efficient and electric option, consider one of these companies for your heating, cooling and hot water needs. Please do not upgrade to another oil or gas (both fossil fuels and bad for everyone) system.
Ductless mini split systems
- New Spirit HVAC — newspirithvac.com — 215.260.6474
Geothermal systems installers
- Bill Frusco Plumbing | 215.728.1482 | based in Philadelphia
Financing clean energy
- Clean Energy Credit Union | a program of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES), this org offers loans for rooftop solar, electric cars & bikes and energy efficiency upgrades. | cleanenergycu.org
- USDA Rural Development’s REAP (Rural Energy for America Program) | www.rd.usda.gov | If 51% of income from farming or ranching, and based in township with pop 50,000 or less, the business can quality for grants & loans for energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE). Contact Amanda Hope, Business Programs Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, 717.237.2289
- EE projects could include HVAC, insulation, lighting, refrigeration.
- RE projects could include wind, solar, bio-digesters or geothermal.
Reach our team at email@example.com.
Page last updated: Dec 2, 2021